Honors & Awards
- Longlist, Granum Fondation’s 2021 Granum Prize — October 2021
- Finalist, “Finistère” was one of the finalists for the 2019 Loraine Williams Poetry Prize at The Georgia Review — August 2019
- Finalist, “After the End Came the Mall, and the Mall Was Everything” was a finalist for the 2019 Clay Reynolds Novella Prize from Texas Review Press — June 2019
- Pushcart Prize nomination, “He Leaves Mt. Olympus to Go Home for a Funeral”, Spoon River Poetry Review — November 2018
- Finalist, poetry manuscript Mask for Mask, YesYes Books 2018 Open Reading Period for Poetry — September 2018
- Winner, 2018 Madeleine P. Plonsker Emerging Writers Residency Prize, selected by Lidia Yuknavitch — July 2018
- Semi-Finalist, poetry manuscript Mask for Mask, Gold Wake Press open reading period — May 2018
- Anthology Scholarship, full ride to attend Lambda Literary’s 2018 Writers Retreat for Emerging LGBTQ Voices — April 2018
- Sterling Watson MFA Fellowship, to attend Writers in Paradise 2018 — November 2017
- Finalist, poetry manuscript Mask for Mask, 2017 Subito Poetry Prize — November 2017
- Honorable Mention, “Three Teens Kill Time…”, The Golden Key’s 2nd Flash Fiction Contest judged by Carmen Maria Machado — September 2017
- Full Scholarship, to attend Key West Literary Seminar 2018 — August 2017
- Finalist, Plays Inverse Press’s 2017 Unemerged Playwright Contest — July 2017
- Semi-Finalist, 2017 Discovery/Boston Review Contest — April 2017
- Graduate Council Thesis Fellowship, The University of Alabama — February 2017
- Nomination, “The Hand That Sews”, The University of Alabama for the 2017 The Intro Journals Project — December 2016
- Nomination, “Our Sons Return Home to Die”, Pushcart Prize, nominated by The Account — December 2016
- Finalist, poetry manuscript Atelia, 2016 Subito Poetry Prize — October 2016
- Finalist, 2017 Artist In Residence Program at Everglades National Park — July 2016
- Fellow, Poetry Foundation + Crescendo Literary’s Emerging Poets Poetry Incubator — July 2016
- Finalist, chapbook manuscript The Eternal Sadness of Murin & Reynard, DIAGRAM’s 2016 Chapbook Contest — July 2016
- Honorable Mention, “Frisson”, Norton Girault Prize in Fiction — June 2016
- Finalist, chapbook manuscript Pocket Monsters, The Atlas Review‘s inaugural chapbook series — September 2015
- Finalist, first annual Fairy Tale Review Award in poetry — October 2014
- 2020 Shirley Jackson Awards Nominee, Single-Author Collection Category — June 2021
- 2020 Foreword INDIES Finalist, Short Story Collection Category — March 2021
Residencies & Workshops
- The Studios at MASS MoCA — Awarded 2021
- Madeleine P. Plonsker Emerging Writers Residency — March 2019
- Lambda Literary Writers Retreat for Emerging LGBTQ Voices — August 2018
- The Edward F. Albee Foundation — June 2018
- Writers At The Eyrie — April 2018
- Lector Writer & Performance Art Residency — January 2018
- The Millay Colony for the Arts — September 2017
- EMERGE: 2018 Lambda Fellows Anthology. Print/Ebook. 2019. Edited, designed, completed book layout, and contributed editor’s note for.
- Joyland, Senior Editor for The South. Online. 2016-2017.
- Black Warrior Review, Design Editor + Associate Editor. Tuscaloosa, AL. 2014-2016.
- Moonshot. Brooklyn, NY. 2009-2015.
Reading Series & Literary Event Curation
- Founded and curated Sacred Grove, a reading series and seminar talk series. Tuscaloosa, AL. 2014-2017.
- Participated as an active committee member in the Bankhead Reading Series, a student-driven committee from the University of Alabama’s Creative Writing MFA program, which brought visiting writers to the University. Tuscaloosa, AL. 2014-2016.
- Co-coordinated POPSICKLE, an annual all-day megareading that incorporates the curatorial visions of various Brooklyn-based reading series, literary organizations, and presses. Designed all print, web, and social media marketing media, including website design. Brooklyn, NY. 2012-2014.
- Judged youth recitations at the Florida state level for POETRY OUT LOUD, 2021.
Relevant Freelance Experience
- Book Reviewer for Publishers Weekly. August 2016-August 2019.